OK let's see here... might as well do this whole thing before I am actually bored enough to completely quit posting.
1. OK... here's a pretty simple, standard photo of what I look like these days. More or less clean and non-alcoholic. I LOVE being 30...
2. My favorite shot of me performing ever... it was this weird performance night called TOO MUCH in SF that featured something like 50 performances in different rooms over the course of 6-8 hours... I think it was a bit more than a year ago - hard to remember but my gut has shrunk
The girls in this shot organized the line-up for the room that I was in, and I was the only act that featured any live music. The 'big room' was a bunch of irritating 'performance art' and 'dance theater' bullshit, so we turned up my mic and music really loud and actually got in 'trouble' kinda. I think as this pic was taken the girls were discussing to themselves "Is this too loud? I don't really care if it is..."
3. These are some arty-ass shots done by an artist/photographer friend of mine named Tucker Lenora (she has a bunch of awesome stuff up at http://www.zhibit.org/profile/tucker
). She painted my face and instructed my poses like America's Next Top Model... it was super fun, and it's ok if you giggle because we weren't taking ourselves too seriously. Also note the sword tattoos on my forearms - relatively recent
4. I don't have many great photos of the crazy-ass gigs I've done, but this one shows a few people in the jam-packed club one night about a year ago... I was rappin' and singing to my own music, and if you look close you can see how much fun a few of them seem to be having (minus the tall guy who looks deadpan at the moment... hehe)
5. Finally... this is a picture of the guy I've been dating for over 3 years. It's been long distance because he's a professional student - started at Yale, got a MA in media studies in Japan and is currently in London getting another grad degree. We hope to both live in SF in September, and we're putting the technical 'boyfriend' thing on hold... but yes, we do 'love' each other and he's well worth the wait